Enable SSH access for root to the RCLI appliance
By default SSH access is enabled to the RCLI appliance, but you won't be able to access SSH with the root login. Enabling root SSH access is not recommended for production systems, but for test or training environments you would perform the following steps.
1) Login at the console of the RCLI appliance.
2) Edit the file sshd_config. You can do this with the command vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
3) Scroll down in the file and find the line with "PermitRootLogin no". Press the Insert key and type in #.
4) Press the Escape key and then type in :wq to save the file and exit vi.
5) Run the following command /etc/init.d/ssh restart. You will see the output "Restarting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
You will now be able to login via SSH with the root login.
Copyright © 2011 - Dave Mishchenko